The holidays have come and gone and if you hosted the big meal you are most likely tired of being in the kitchen. This soup recipe is quick and easy.
Tuscan Bean Soup
In a 4-quart Dutch oven cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup baby carrots, coarsely chopped. (I chopped mine with a Pampered Chef hand chopper that I’ve had for years.)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (these are white kidney beans)
- 4 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable broth if you want to go vegetarian)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
Bring to boiling.
Slightly mash beans (I used a potato masher)
Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
On another burner, in a large skillet heat on medium-high
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
Add to the skillet and toss with tongs for 1 to 2 minutes until wilted
- 5 ounces of baby spinach
Remove spinach from the heat.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with spinach. Sprinkle with some pepper and serve with some warm, crusty bread.