This is an easy one—especially if you have cooked chicken or turkey in the freezer to use up! I made use of the last bit of turkey from Thanksgiving this week when I made this recipe.
Ro-Tel Chicken (or Turkey!)
Heat in a large skillet which has a lid: (or if you have 4 cups of chicken/turkey that is already cooked and shredded, as I did from the freezer, just warm it through, season it then add the other ingredients)
- 1 T Vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Season the chicken, to taste, with
- chili powder
Add to the cooked chicken:
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 can Ro-Tel (I used the Great Value Brand of Ro-Tel)
- 1 small can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 cup water—-don’t dirty another dish…just fill the 8 oz tomato sauce can with water and dump it in
- 3 green onions, sliced
Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender (mine took about 30 minutes this time)
Stir chicken and rice.
- shredded cheese (about 1 cup)
Cover and cook until the cheese melts.
This actually got four smiley faces from my family of four 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂