Easy and yummy—two of my favorite things for a recipe! I got this one from my friend Fredda. It was a recent find for her and I’m glad she shared it with me. I think she served it on regular taco shells. I had tostado shells but you could also just use tortilla chips to crumble up in it. Then we topped it with sour cream, cheese, and pico.
The prep time is fast UNLESS your chicken isn’t really boneless and you spend over 10 minutes just cutting out the bones….ugh! (yes, that is what happened to me today)
Layer the ingredients in the following order:
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts. (I had 4 thighs and one breast)
- Empty one packet of taco seasoning directly onto the chicken
- 8 oz of diced green chilies
- 1 can of Ro-Tel, not drained
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can red beans, rinsed and drained
- Empty one more packet of taco seasoning on top of the last layer
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
Before serving: Stir, shredding chicken as you mix the ingredients.