It is another hot week; so a wonderful, cool salad is perfect to plan for meal time. Here is one of my favorites.
Cool Southwestern Salad
In a large bowl combine:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (or 3) ears corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 avocados chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs (make sure you wash your cilantro off really well)
In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve with tortilla chips.