This month’s Food Network Magazine has a section on Mix and Match Pasta Salad. Basically you pick from their list a pasta, a protein (optional), two veggies and then a mix-in and put one of the four dressings over the salad.
Brad had just mentioned at lunch that he was in the mood for pasta salad so when I saw this I thought surely I had ingredients to make it happen for dinner. Here is our Mix and Match Pasta Salad from tonight:
Pasta Salad with Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- Prepare 12 oz of bow tie pasta
- 3 1/2 cups Broccoli florets, blanched (I had fresh)
- 2 cups Corn kernels, blanched (I used frozen)
- Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I used the left overs from the pasta dish I posted last week.)
Prepare the dressing:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
Put dressing on the salad and chill for up to 3 hours.
Now, I will have to say that this wasn’t a favorite meal for the girls, but Brad and I sure enjoyed it.