Yum! What a way to start the morning. I made these for breakfast today and they were a hit.
Grilled Peanut Butter, Banana, and Berry Sandwiches
Gather your ingredients: (The following will make about 4 sandwiches)
- Cinnamon-raisin bread slices
- peanut butter
- a Banana- sliced into about 16 slices
- 4 fresh strawberries, cut into 4 slices each
- 4 teaspoons of bittersweet or semisweet morsels (I used bittersweet)
- butter or margarine
- Spread peanut butter evenly onto one side of each bread slice
- Arrange on each slice four banana slices and four strawberry slices on top of the peanut butter
- Put chocolate on top (1 teaspoon per sandwich)
- Place another slice of bread, peanut butter side down, on top to close off the sandwich.
Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in a skillet or spread margarine on each side of the bread that will touch the skillet.
Cook sandwiches until crisp and golden brown, turning once halfway through cooking.