Yep….9. 9 is the number around our house lately. Child #1 had a birthday recently and she turned nine. So in honor of her 9th year, here are nine things that are on my mind tonight.
- I have wonderful parents! They flew up to be a part of Em’s baptism and while here helped redo our 1/2 bath. Goodbye 1980s wallpaper, hello brown paint!!
- I have no spare time lately—hence the very few posts in the last weeks, sorry. I’ve hardly cooked and when I have it has been my old standbys- Taco Soup, spaghetti, corn dogs and Ranch style beans….
- I’m trying to capture time with my girls in this hurried life. The quote that propels me to capture time, ” Mom, I’m 9….I’m almost in middle school” (and, uh…no you aren’t)
- I can’t believe I let Em ride her bike to piano tonight. She was very excited to take my cell phone for her trip around the corner.
- I love PA in the Spring….come on Spring. Today was so nice.
- Different personalities- it is amazing to watch my girls and see how they respond to the same thing in different ways.
- I sure did enjoy my cup of spiced tea with my 9 year old this evening and our time on the back deck.
- Will Heather actually sleep through the night? She fell asleep at 5:45 and hasn’t woken up yet……
- I love my new living room rug! After four years we finally found one that we both liked and could afford
So there you have it. Nine random thoughts.
Now, I have to go tuck that 9-year-old in.