We had a wonderful Christmas day. It was the first Christmas ever that one of our kids woke up before we did…6:52 AM. After opening presents and hanging out for a bit, Brad drove to the airport mid-afternoon to pick up the best present….my Parents!
So our Christmas dinner was an evening meal and it was quite yummy, if I do say so myself!
Brad was in charge of the Rib Roast and potatoes while I took care of the desserts, hot fruit salad and the vegetable. I chose this brussels sprouts recipe since I could do it on the stove top and not have a third item in the oven trying to bake. All of the adults at the table enjoyed them so I thought I would share the recipe with you guys. It does take some tending to while cooking but it was simple to do.
Crispy Sesame-Crusted Brussels Sprouts
In an extra-large skillet over medium heat combine:
- 6 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 Tablespoons of sesame oil (the recipe says toasted sesame oil, but mine wasn’t toasted)
- 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds of brussels sprouts that have been cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste (my handsome fella said easy on the salt as brussels sprouts can get salty easily)
Cook, stirring frequently until golden-brown (about 25 minutes)
Sprinkle on top:
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds
Cook until the brussels sprouts are dark brown and crunchy (about 15 minutes)
Season with a bit more pepper and serve hot!