Fall is upon us and it is my absolute favorite season. It always has been but since we have lived in Pennsylvania I have been able to have a “real” fall and it is one of the best things about living here. So what do I love about fall? (In no particular order)
- The Colors on the trees. Oh, they are so vibrant and creative.
- Wearing my comfy black sweat pants.
- The breeze blowing through the trees. Nothing better than a warm cup of coffee and listening to the breeze blow outside.
- Watching college football with my handsome fella (it is more fun with the team we are cheering for wins, but still)
- Eating things with pumpkin in them!
Here is a favorite pumpkin recipe at our house
- 1 can plain pumpkin
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
Pour the above ingredients into a greased 13 x 9 baking pan
Sprinkle over the pumpkin mixture:
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
Sprinkle over the cake mix:
- 1 cup of chopped pecans (I put it over 3/4ths as my girls do care for the pecans)
Finish by placing on top
- 2 sticks of butter, thinly sliced
Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.